GK Events Hire Ltd
Terms & Conditions 2018/19
1. Quotes: Quotes are valid for 10 days from date of issue. After this date GK Events Hire Ltd has the right to hire items not secured with a bond to other interested parties.
2. Hire prices: GK reserves the right to change hire prices on any item at its discretion. Bookings that have not been secured with a bond and the 10 day hold period has lapsed may be affected by price changes. If a deposit has been made GK will honour the quoted prices.
3. Payments: All invoices are GST inclusive. A 50% deposit is charged to secure your booking, with the balance required in full 7 days before items are to be hired. Items will not be supplied without full payment. Payment is to be made through bank transfer. Our account number will be issued upon the request of an itemised invoice. Preferably a New Zealand account should be provided for bond and general refunds. GK is not responsible for transaction fees occurring from payments made to or from foreign accounts.
4. Bond: A fully refundable bond will be charged in addition to each hire. This will be refunded upon the safe return of all goods, in the condition in which they were hired, (general wear and tear is considered and does not incur a fee), within 7 days of a hire unless in exceptional circumstances discussed with the hirer, including waiting for the correct details to be supplied by the hirer. Bond amounts depend upon the items being hired (with a minimum of $50) and are calculated at GK’s discretion. Bond refunds are calculated based on replacement, cleaning and repairs required after an event. Bonds must be paid 7 days before the hire date along with the remaining hire cost. Items will not be supplied without full payment of the bond. Items being picked up may incur a higher bond due to the possibility of damage occurring during transportation and through poorly secured items on trailers.
5. Cancellations: Cancellation must be made in writing. Cancellations will be refunded as follows; 60 or more days before the event - 100% of the deposit, 8-29 days before event - 0% of deposit, 7 or less days before the event, the full payment should have been made, a refund will be given at 75% of the full payment. In exceptional circumstances refunds for cancelled bookings 7 or less days before an event may be provided at a different rate, determined at GK Events Hire’s discretion. Poor weather resulting in a cancelled or postponed event has no impact on the cancellation policy as GK are not in control of the weather. We will attempt to move the hire date if requested but items unavailable due to date changes will still be charged at the stated rate, and deemed to be a cancellation.
6. Hire period: The normal hire period is 3 days unless a longer period is prearranged with GK Events Hire Ltd. Items are available one or two days prior to the event by arrangement. They must be dropped off or collected within two days following the event by arrangement. If items are not returned by the arranged date another full rehire of 3 days will be charged.
7. ‘Vintage condition’: Please note a large number of our items are in vintage/rustic condition and although all are of good quality and safe, marks and wear is present, which we believe adds to their character and is not considered a fault. GK Events Hire Ltd must be informed of any concerns in regards to quality on delivery/pick up, before items are used. Complaints made after the items have been returned or collected will not be considered.
- All items must be collected or returned in the condition hired with all components, including packaging. Please let us know if there is any damage or missing items. All loss, breakages or damaged items (including packaging) will be charged at replacement cost at current retail value or the cost to fix/remake the item. The decision to replace or fix items lies entirely with GK Events Hire Ltd. This will be given in a separate bill or taken from the bond. Any cleaning required to return items to the condition they were hired in will be charged as labour at our stated rate ($50 +GST p/h, minimum .5 hours). Please ask if you need further clarification prior to hiring.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure the correct use of equipment during the hire period.
- Arches: Bracing arms must be in place when transporting the arches and when moving them on site.
- All items are to be protected from the weather (rain and wind damage) during transportation, when in storage and during use. Any water damage will incur charges for damage. GK is responsible for determining the severity of water damage and will charge accordingly for repairs or replacement.
- Blackboards/mirrors: These must be returned wiped clean in the condition they were hired. A cleaning fee will be taken from the bond if GK is required to attend to these. GK will supply 1 ‘Magic White’ type sponge for cleaning, as this is in most cases, the only product that will remove blackboard pens.
- Seating and tables: Care must be taken when stacking the vintage seating and tables. No more than 8 chairs or benches in each stack.
- Linen, throws/picnic blankets and cushions: These items must be returned free from hay/grass. A cleaning fee will be taken from the bond if GK is required to attend to this. If necessary items will be washed and stains attended by GK after an event, (The hirer can only wash linen before returning if they are heavily marked, though it is at their own risk if further damage is caused). If new stains cannot be removed or suitably dulled after all reasonable avenues have been taken, then full replacement cost will be billed or taken from the bond. GK will determine the value using local experts if needed.
- Games/weather protection: All hire items must be protected appropriately from the weather during transportation, when being stored and in use, but games in particular must not be left outside exposed in rain or overnight in heavy dews.
- Market Umbrellas: Supplementary Market Umbrella Terms and Conditions must be followed at all times. Umbrellas must not be laid on the ground unless in their protective covers. Must be erected away from trees that stain or may damage. Must be put down in strong winds. Umbrellas must be transported with extra care in a caged trailer or in a vehicle.
- Glassware: All glass items must be returned clean and dry in the same careful packaging they were received in.
- Festoon Lights: Supplementary Festoon Light Terms and Conditions must be followed at all times. Festoons may be left outside in the rain but any damage resulting from wind and rain where the terms and conditions for set up have not been followed will be noted as damage and charged accordingly.
- Some items are heavy and require special care when lifting and moving them. Injuries resulting from lifting any item is not the responsibility of GK Events Hire Ltd.
- GK Events Hire Ltd takes no responsibility for any injury to any party through breakage of items or other accidents during the hire periods. The hirer is responsible for all items from the time it is collected until it is returned.
- Festoon Lights - Hirer must follow the provided Festoon Safety Terms and Conditions.
10. Delivery/collection or pick up/drop off:
- Delivery, collection, set up or pack down are not included in hires unless requested and quoted for.
- Items must be packed and ready for collection in one easily accessible area at a pre-arranged day and time or returned to arranged venue by pre-arranged day and time.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to check the items upon delivery/pick up and to notify GK Events Hire Ltd if there is anything damaged or not as ordered, before items are used. Complaints made after the items have been returned or collected will not be considered.
- Picked up and dropped off items must be wrapped and tied securely but with care to limit damage during transportation (including using the provided packaging/containers).
- We have the right to turn away anyone picking up with what we deem to be unsuitable tie down equipment and/or vehicles.
- Any damage incurred during pick ups and drop offs will be calculated as though it is normal damage from hire.
- Blankets, covers or tie downs provided by GK Events hire, in the event of the hirer not having sufficient equipment, will be added to the hire for free but will be charged as per our terms and conditions if any damage or losses occurs.
- If additional labour is required to pack and move items more than deemed reasonable for basic delivery or collection then additional labour will be charged. ($50 +GST p/h, minimum .5 hours).
11. All items remain the property of GK Events Hire Ltd.
12. The hirer or representatives of the hirer who have taken possession of hire items from GK Events Hire Ltd are deemed to have read and understood the terms and conditions of this agreement.